Saturday, July 11, 2009

Proverbs Study - Lesson 4

I woke up on this beautiful, sunny, windless, peaceful and cool morning (obviously I'm either dreaming or in NJ, not FL!) all stressed out because I'm so far behind on my book club and Bible study postings. So I'm sitting on the porch with my coffee and my Macbook, while my cockapoo and basset hound "protect" me from the mallard ducks floating around in the bay, and before I start to write I check in for the first time in a while with Vicki Courtney's blog, Virtue Alert.

I ripped this video right from Vicki's blog because it fits in so well with our study on security:



As Christians we don't have to "hug the beam" because El Shaddai, God Almighty, is our security. If you haven't yet listened to the audio teaching for Lesson 4 (3/1/04), I highly recommend it - the speaker is more upbeat and dynamic than the others I've heard in this series, and she unpacks Psalm 91 so thoroughly, you will never sing "On Eagle's Wings" the same way again.

I pray that God will reveal himself to you this very day.

Blessings and peace,
Eleanor
Romans 12:2

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Ok well I have skipped from lesson 1 to lesson 4 and hope to go back to complete the other lessons. My husband happened to be in the computer room with me while I was looking at the balance beam video posted below and we laughed because it sounds just like us. As we sit here in our gated community, in our safe environment, attending church, we are holding on tight to the balance beam, but are we really reaching out or going beyond.
Well when I finally decided to look at lesson 4, it was a lot shorter than I anticipated so I hope that will keep my momentum going to finish this during the summer.
Anyway lesson 4, a study on security. As we started our VBS at Christ Church today our theme is "God is with us" and the kids respond "Fear not" - which really sums this lesson up. In the good times, but also in the bad times God is with us. In Him we can find safety and security. It reminded me of The Shack when the girl was taken into the truck and was scared but then a sense of peace came over her because she knew that God was with her.
Hope to see you here again for lesson 5.